Gender and Sexuality KC Outstanding New Professional Award
The Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community provides avenues for both social and professional involvement. We allow for personal and professional growth, increased awareness and acceptance of professionals and students, and promote understanding of professional and student needs.
Our community recognizes individuals, programs, and research that have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of sexual and gender minorities inclusivity and education at the highest and broadest level. The awards aid to exhibit excellence and/or innovations that have added to the profession of Student Affairs and Higher Education and enhance the lives of their communities.
The Gender and Sexuality KC is currently seeking nominations for the 2020 Outstanding New Professional Award.
Individuals selected for their award will be notified in January and are expected to submit a current resume or CV to the Awards & Scholarships Co-Chairs at that time.
Nominations are due
October 15, 2019 October 23, 2019
- Recipient must have been in the profession for less than three years
- Recipient must be seeking and involved in new opportunities the Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community has to offer
- Recipient must be a member of NASPA
- Recipient may not have previously received award
- Short description of the individual in 150 words or less (for use in publications)
Coordinator of Extended Orientation & Transition Programs, New Student Orientation - University of Delaware
View All Current Recipients
2018 | Amanda Slichter
Education & Training Coordinator - Lehigh University
2017 | Missy Dominquez
Program Manager of Student Engagement & Activities - University of Washington, Bothell