Region VI Community College Professional Award
The Community College Professional Award is presented to a student affairs professional at a community college who has demonstrated active involvement with the profession, NASPA, and community college research, policies, and/or practice. Nominees must show evidence of contributing to the creation of a campus environment that promotes student learning and development, as well as to providing innovative and responsive services that address student needs. The award is open to professionals at all levels who have at least five (5) years of experience working in student affairs at a community college.
- Demonstrated involvement with the profession, NASPA, and community college research, policies, and/or practice at the regional or national level
- Contributes to the creation of a community college campus environment that promotes student learning and personal development
- Outstanding individual contributions providing innovative and responsive services addressing the varied/emerging needs of community college students
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in student affairs at a community college
- Active individual NASPA membership
Nominating someone is easy! One person should coordinate the submission and follow these steps.
STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination
STEP 2: Collect two (2) letters of support and a copy of the nominee’s resume.
STEP 3: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials then go online to submit. You must upload all of the information at the same time. This person should then submit the nomination letter, letters of support online.
STEP 4: Submit the nomination by the published deadline!
Questions? Sherry Mallory, Nominations and Awards Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coordinator of Student Life & Leadership - Cuesta College
View All Current Recipients
2017 | Irene Robles-Lopez
2016 | Aida Cuenza-Uvas
- Mt. San Antonio College
2012 | Dyrell Foster
- Rio Hondo College
2011 | Denise Swett
- Foothill College
2010 | Kathryn L. Mueller
- Orange Coast College
2009 | Henry Gee
- Rio Hondo College