Region VI Distinguished Service to the Profession
The Distinguished Service to the Profession Award is presented to a NASPA member who has, over an extended period of time, demonstrated outstanding contributions to higher education and the student affairs profession. Nominees must show evidence of exemplary service to an institution of higher education, to NASPA, and to the field of student affairs, as well as the successful implementation of model innovations in student affairs and a record of service as a mentor for students and professionals.
- Outstanding contributions to higher education and the student affairs profession over an extended period of time
- Outstanding service to an institution of higher education
- Outstanding service to NASPA at the state, regional, national, and/or international level
- Successful implementation of model innovations in the field of student affairs
- Exemplary record of service as a mentor for students and professionals.
- Active individual NASPA membership
- Current employment at, or recently retired from, an institution of higher education in NASPA Region VI
Nominating someone is easy! One person should coordinate the submission and follow these steps.
STEP 1: Write a letter of nomination
STEP 2: Collect three (3) letters of support and a copy of the nominee’s resume.
STEP 3: The person coordinating the nomination should gather the nomination materials then go online to submit. You must upload all of the information at the same time. This person should then submit the nomination letter, letters of support online.
STEP 4: Submit the nomination by the published deadline!
Questions? Sherry Mallory, Nominations and Awards Co-Chair, at email@example.com.
Interim Vice Chancellor for Students - University of Hawai'i at Manoa
View All Current Recipients
2017 | Wm Gregory Sawyer
2016 | Harry Le Grande
- University of California, Berkeley
2015 | Kandy Mink Salas
- Azusa Pacific University
2014 | Jennifer Miller
- California State University, Channel Islands
2013 | Debbie Kushibab
- Estrella Mountain Community College
2008 | James R. Kitchen
- San Diego State University
2007 | Sharyn Slavin Miller
- Azusa Pacific University
2006 | Ronni Sanlo
- University of California, Los Angeles
2005 | Randy Lewis
- University of California, Irvine
2004 | Janet Gong
- University of California, Davis
2003 | Lynne McVeigh
- California State University, Fullerton
2001 | Michael Rooney
- Maricopa Community College
2000 | Elizabeth Griego
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
1997 | Kathryn Goddard
- California State University, Long Beach
1996 | Daryl G. Smith
- Claremont Graduate University